[gambit-list] Trimming libgambcgsc

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Thu Mar 19 13:03:45 EDT 2015

Marc:

The way to configure Gambit on the Raspberry Pi to get the fastest runtime is

 ./configure 'CC=gcc-4.8 -mcpu=cortex-a7 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard' '--enable-single-host' '--enable-shared' '--enable-multiple-versions' '--disable-gnu-gcc-no-strict-aliasing’

However, there isn’t enough memory to compile _t-univ.c with this configuration.

There are four files that aren’t used when building Gambit with the C back end, all in gsc:

_t-univ.scm
_x86.scm
_asm.scm
_t-x86.scm

These files are part of the partial implementations of the x86 assembler back end and the “universal” back end.

I recommend that these files not be included in libgambcgsc by default.  Most people don’t need them, and and they inhibit building Gambit on the Pi.  I got it to build eventually by removing these files from makefile.in by hand after building Gambit first simply with

./configure --enable-single-host.

Brad