[gambit-list] Gambit performance evolution

Bradley Lucier lucier at purdue.edu
Sat Jun 20 23:15:47 EDT 2015

> On Jun 19, 2015, at 6:59 AM, Marc Feeley <feeley at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>
> I have a student, Julie Kienzle, working this summer on the evolution of Gambit’s performance over the history of the commits.  The graphs produced by her work up to now are here:
>
> http://gambitscheme.org/~kienzle/charts/web/graphics-web.html
>
> There are graphs giving the geometric mean of all benchmarks in various settings (32/64 bit single/multiple hosts, with safe/unsafe declarations, etc), and also graphs for individual benchmarks.
>
> Comments are welcome.

I think there’s too much emphasis on performance and not enough on capabilities (libraries, macros, building communities, …).

And yes, I know that I’m a prime contributor to the emphasis on performance, and the emphasis on performance, correctness, and completeness (at least of R[45]RS) is what drew me to Gambit in the first place.

I don’t know how to encourage those other things.

Brad