[gambit-list] Not Emacs

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Feb 6 09:32:48 EST 2015

> On Feb 5, 2015, at 11:41 PM, Adam King <akingcoder at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Marc:
>
>   I've installed 'Not Emacs' on my iOS devices and will try it out with a keyboard tomorrow.  I've also updated to the latest GambitREPL from the store, but both the new GambitREPL and 'Not Emacs' appears to crash on my iPhone5S (iOS8.1) and my iPadMiniRetina (iOS8.1).  Both do work on my iPad2 (iOS7.1), so I'm not sure if the crashes are due to 64bit issues or iOS8.  Here's the console log I pulled off my iPhone via Xcode (none of my devices are jailbroken) in case it helps (yes, my iPhone is called 'Droid'... )

Yikes… that’s not the best situation for a new product launch!

I had to add the arm64 support at the last minute because it is required of new apps since February 1.   I tested the app on an arm64 device, but it is running iOS 6.1 so the operating system was probably still launching the 32 bit version in the fat binary.  I don’t want to upgrade the iOS on that device because it is the only one I have to test on iOS 6.1 .

It is probably an easy bug to fix, but it will have to wait until I can get my hands on a device with a 64 bit processor and iOS 8.1 .