[gambit-list] Not Emacs

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Feb 5 20:53:48 EST 2015

I’ve just received news that the “Not Emacs” iOS app I’ve been working on has been approved to the app store.  Check it out, it’s a free app!

Not Emacs is an emacs-like editor that is built with Gambit and the ymacs editor (http://www.ymacs.org).  Documents are shared using iCloud, so they are accessible from all devices automatically.  Not Emacs also has an embedded Gambit REPL (started using M-x run_scheme).  The app is best used with an external bluetooth keyboard, but the extended virtual keyboard has a bunch of extra keys to make editing possible if you don’t have an external keyboard.

An update of the Gambit REPL app which includes the emacs-like editor is also available.