[gambit-list] How I can set "standard Scheme mode" just like the command line option "-:s" from within a executable scheme file??

Roy Pfund roypfund at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 23:00:07 EDT 2014

I hope I'm not breaking any rules, but this process originally started in
another thread: Macro to use “λ” character as “lambda” in R5RS Scheme?

But after seeing it execute properly in Racket AND Gambit I know the
problem lies not in the code but in the calling mechanism, which is why I
am starting this new thread.

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/GlassGhost/bdf2b28f6c3592f3933a/raw/derive.ss

This file executes great, with the Racket shebang the file can be ran thus:

./derive.ss

If I uncomment line 3 and delete lines 1-2 to change from Racket to Gambit,
When I execute

./derive.ss

It throws "*** ERROR IN "derive.ss"@8.33 -- Ill-formed expression". However
Gambit works as great as it did earlier with Racket IF I do:

scheme-r5rs -:s ./derive.ss

So, how I can set "standard Scheme mode" just like the command line option
"-:s" from within a Shebang Executed scheme file in Gambit??