[gambit-list] example from the doc

Denis Fourt denis.prog at hotmail.com
Mon May 12 13:55:29 EDT 2014

Hi,
my error was that the "quote" was actually a different unicode char (from the copy/paste), therefore gsi did not understand it as a quoted symbol but as an unquoted (undefined) symbol.
And I got a weird error message because of the code point of that char was written right in it. And I have to admit it, I had no clue about what was occurring.
I understand that no thread could return anything that would be eq? with (let ((unique (list 'unique))). But :
a) Is there anything more simple than using list? b) Would it be a good idea to have one (or more) reserved symbol (or keyword) in Gambit like None, Nothing, Fail, etc. to handle that kind of problem. I am asking this question because a similar problem arises with hash table or similar dictionary like structures. Most of the time #f or '() work except when storing booleans or lists.
Any thoughts?
Denis