[gambit-list] How JS backend GC:s?

Mikael mikael.rcv at gmail.com
Tue May 6 16:22:05 EDT 2014

Dear Marc,

Just curious, Gambit's JS backend, it uses the JS VM:s GC right -

How do you make the SCM to JS object mapping deliver that?

I mean, say, a cons cell, a vector, a closure, a firstclass continuation
and a stack frame, about how are those mapped to JS objects as for the JS
VM to be able to GC them just as it does with ordinary values?

 - Gambit uses numbers for object references ordinarily, so I guess the
object mapping has been done deeper than that, so that actual JS object
references are used as SCM object references by the JS backend.

Thanks,
Mikael