[gambit-list] enquiry for gsoc

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Sat Mar 15 09:37:43 EDT 2014

On Mar 15, 2014, at 7:40 AM, Pramiti Goel <pramitigoel20 at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
> I am Pramiti Goel pursuing Information Technology from India. I am C/C++ programmer and a beginner in open source. Can u tell me gambit project and recent bugs to start with and will be suitable for GSOC 2014? What idea or bug will make strong recommendation for GSOC 2014.
> Please guide me with should i start and the bug list to start with ? any prerequisite knowledge of any other thing needed?

I think you may have sent your message to the wrong place. Did you mean the Gambit Scheme project, or the Gambit game theory software tools project: https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org2/google/gsoc2014/gambit ?

Marc

P.S. I find it funny that they say in their description:

``For the avoidance of confusion, "game theory" does not have anything to do with the programming and development of computer games; if you are looking for a project in that area, Gambit is not a good fit for you.''

I think Gambit *is* a good fit for the programming of computer games! Just not that particular Gambit!