[gambit-list] integer->char bootstrap problem: git head goes into infinite loop

Bakul Shah bakul at bitblocks.com
Thu Jan 30 18:21:14 EST 2014

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 17:51:26 EST Bradley Lucier <lucier at math.purdue.edu> wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2014, at 5:43 PM, Bakul Shah wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 16:27:11 EST Marc Feeley <feeley at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> >>
> >> Anyone know of a good portable implementation of those functions
> (sinh, cosh,
> >> tanh, asinh, acosh, atanh, expm1, log1p, scalbn)?  I'll take a poor
> >> implementation if a good one doesn't exist...
> >
> > May be you can use FreeBSD's math lib (originally from Sun).
> > https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/tree/master/lib/msun
>
> Yes, this library is a good option (I don't know whether FreeBSD made
> many changes to the original Sun library).

There have been a number of changes, support for more arch,
long double, complex number versions, performance imrovements,
fixes, etc. etc. You can trawl through its history to see what
was done. I don't use them enough to know of their accuracy
and I don't know if exhaustive tests are run regularly. You
should talk to Bruce Evans and David Schultz for details.