[gambit-list] orphan status

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Jan 12 11:10:19 EST 2014

On Jan 12, 2014, at 2:10 AM, Jackson Doak <noskcaj at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Thanks for all your help, i should be able to have this packaged soon.
> I always get forced to run --disable-absolute-shared-libs as well, why is this?

When using shared libs (--enable-shared), and with --enable-absolute-shared-libs (which is the default), the libraries are installed in their final destination just prior to linking the executables (gsi and gsc) using *absolute* paths for the libraries.  This is useful on some systems to avoid having to supply the path to the libraries in the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH .  However, this doesn’t work when using a DESTDIR because the destination directory is a temporary holding place for the libraries before they are installed in their final destination (so the absolute path would point to the wrong place).