[gambit-list] Discussion of fl<whatever> functions

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Sat Feb 8 14:06:43 EST 2014

Marc:

I found a bug  in fllog1p (I think you meant to use (macro-inexact--1)
instead of (macro-inexact-+1)) that caused me to look at a lot of the
fl<whatever> functions.

I think you lost the trail here.  The fl<whatever> functions are
supposed to just give you whatever the associated floating-point library
functions give you, without checking for range conditions, etc.  For
example, (fllog -1.0) is +nan.0, not "raise an exception".

So I went through _num.scm and tried to clean up those functions; the
attached _num.diff is what I tentatively ended up with.

What do you think?

Brad