[gambit-list] Figuring out opaque:, and macros expanding to macros

Álvaro Castro-Castilla alvaro.castro.castilla at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 09:59:38 EDT 2014

Hi!

I've been figuring out all the attributes available with define-type in
Gambit. Testing and thanks to:

https://mercure.iro.umontreal.ca/pipermail/gambit-list/attachments/20090226/af2ee44c/attachment-0001.txt
https://mercure.iro.umontreal.ca/pipermail/gambit-list/2004-December/000043.html

I could understand all but one: opaque. The ways to "learn" how things work
with macros producing code is generally the trick (pp (lambda ()
(macro...)) 'asdf). But what about macros that produce macros? In that case
you get an empty form with 'asdf, so no way to know what has been generated.

That of course applies to define-type. There is no difference in generated
code with opaque: keyword, so I assume that it only affects non-generative
types. Can I see the generated code in such case?

Reading Gambit's code in nonstd.scm doesn't clarify things either.

Thank you!