[gambit-list] Asynchronous callbacks

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Sat Apr 5 11:17:00 EDT 2014

On Apr 1, 2014, at 10:06 AM, Francisco <fjvallarino at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have not found the post you mention. Based on https://mercure.iro.umontreal.ca/pipermail/gambit-list/2014-February/007441.html, I understood it was a work in progress... If you remember the thread, it would be great.

Here is an example that uses the multiple VM support.  I’ve tested it on OS X only, but it should be portable to other OSes.

You first have to build Gambit with

    ./configure --enable-multiple-vms
    make

And then

    cd multiple-vm-example
    make

then

    telnet localhost 12345

to connect to the VM that is created.

There are still issues with the multiple VM support, notably the VMs share a single console, which means there are race conditions if you try to read/write things to the console from different VMs. This is why the example code runs one of the VMs on a network connection (which is probably what you want to do anyway in practice).