[gambit-list] Low prio feature request: GC:able symbols, perhaps via a separate configure option --enable-gc:able-symbols

Adrien Piérard pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Sep 24 18:29:15 EDT 2013

Hum, I might have completely misunderstood many things, from what you
wrote to how symbols work, but what if I have a symbol stored as a
weak reference in a table, and it gets garbage collected. If I later
re-read this symbol from the network, then I won't find it in the
table, will I? But wasn't I guaranteed I'd find it  *because* it's a
symbol and thus the table should still be containing an element EQ to
the one I just got from the network?

P!