[gambit-list] Xcode 5

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Oct 1 12:21:20 EDT 2013

On #gambit someone reported an issue when compiling Gambit on the newly released Xcode 5.  When I try building Gambit with Xcode 5, with and without --enable-single-host, the system builds fine.  Has anyone encountered issues compiling with Xcode 5?

For your information, I also tried compiling Gambit with GNU gcc 4.8.0.  With gcc the compilation and execution times are much better (with --enable-single-host a "make -j8" takes 20 seconds versus 400 seconds for Xcode 5, and the interpreter is about 2x faster).  To install GNU gcc on OS X, just use the script misc/install-gnu-gcc-osx .  I highly recommend it!