[gambit-list] Gambit GUI

Fred Weigel fred.weigel at zylog.ca
Mon May 13 16:19:39 EDT 2013

Hendrik Boom <hendrik <at> topoi.pooq.com> writes:

> Are any GUI toolkits a good fit with Gambit?
>
> At the moment I only need a text interface, but the text would be change
> all over the screen (or window).  In the 80's I'd use cursor controls on
> a  VT100, but I suspect I can do better nowadays.
>
> In the long run I'll probably want some menus and images.
>
> Currently using Gambit on Linux. Portability to other platforms is not
> necessary, but would be nice.

Hendrick - On Linux I use pstk (dickey, holm, busch, 2004-2008). It has
suffered only the mildest bitrot (extra widgets in Ttk 8.5, correct version
checking). I can email you the version I am currently using, if you want.
(send me an email to fred (dot) weigel (at) zylog (dot) ca )

That gives you easy menus, text, and even graphics. The code is pretty much
portable to any system that supports tcl/tk (that includes Windows and Mac).