[gambit-list] Is it possible to build only libgambc?

Ralph Moritz ralph.moeritz at outlook.com
Thu May 2 16:53:54 EDT 2013

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 16:25:32 +0200, Marc Feeley <feeley at iro.umontreal.ca>
wrote:

> Also, you might want to use the misc/build-gambit-android script that
> automates the building of an android Gambit.

This didn't work for me; I'll post details soon. (It's late) In the
meantime
I've created a small script that does what I want. Just posting it here in
the
interim.

I'm building libgambc for Android/ARM as follows: (On Windows)

1. Launch MinGW Bash and build gsc-boot the usual way, being sure to do a
`make
    bootclean' afterwards.
2. Create a standalone NDK toolchain targetting ARM if you don't already
have
    one.
3. Run the script below from Cygwin's Bash (I can't get the toolchain to
work
    from MinGW for some reason. Again, I'll provide details ASAP)

     #!/bin/sh

     export
ANDROID_TOOLCHAIN_ROOT=/cygdrive/c/Android/android-ndk-toolchain-arm-gcc47
     export PATH=$PATH:$ANDROID_TOOLCHAIN_ROOT/bin
     export PREFIX=/cygdrive/c/Gambit-C/trunk

     export LD=arm-linux-androideabi-ld
     export AR=arm-linux-androideabi-ar
     export STRIP=arm-linux-androideabi-strip
     export RANLIB=arm-linux-androideabi-ranlib
     export CC=arm-linux-androideabi-gcc
     export CXX=arm-linux-androideabi-g++

     ./configure --enable-single-host --enable-c-opt --enable-gcc-opts
--enable-multiple-versions --prefix=$PREFIX --host=arm-linux-eabi
CPPFLAGS="-DANDROID -I$ANDROID_TOOLCHAIN_ROOT/sysroot/usr/include/
-fno-short-enums" CFLAGS="-DANDROID -fno-short-enums
-I$ANDROID_TOOLCHAIN_ROOT/sysroot/usr/include/ -nostdlib"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-rpath-link=$ANDROID_TOOLCHAIN_ROOT/sysroot/usr/lib/
-L$ANDROID_TOOLCHAIN_ROOT/sysroot/usr/lib" LIBS="-lc -ldl" && cd lib; make

--
Is it possible that software is not like anything else, that it is meant
to be discarded: that the whole point is to see it as a soap bubble? --