[gambit-list] Running gambit program

Bakul Shah bakul at bitblocks.com
Tue Mar 19 14:43:53 EDT 2013

> > -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 45 Feb 20 13:20 /usr/bin/gsi

Notice the filesize. I bet this was a shell script that didn't
pass arguments to the real gsi (or may be this gsi was doing
something completely different). If this file is still around
Steve can `cat -v' it to see what's in it. cat -v just in
case it contains some binary data.

> > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 5320182 Mar 19 11:05 /usr/src/gambit/gsi/gsi

Notice the different modify date of each gsi. My guess is
/usr/bin/gsi was locally created and left over from something
earlier. [And there is an admin bug: -rwxrwxrwx implies root
is likely using a umask of 0! Root should use `umask 022']