[gambit-list] Gambit-C cross-platform framework

Petersen, Chris CPetersen at cw.bc.ca
Wed Jul 31 17:51:59 EDT 2013

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the positive feedback. And yes, LambdaNative was originally developed for the phone oximeter suite of applications, which have now evolved into full mobile diagnostic tools. As an example, we've developed a pre-eclampsia (a dangerous condition during pregnancy) diagnostic app running on iOS devices. This has been used in three usability studies and is an ongoing blinded hospital-based clinical trial in South Africa. Here is the original Grand Challenge pledge for that:
http://savinglivesatbirth.net/summaries/37
And some of the related design work:
http://www.sfu.ca/~pbernal/OP2/projects/piers.html
We are currently working on a simplified version to be used for home visitations, with clinical trials in Pakistan, Nigeria, Mozambique and India starting later this year, on cheap Android devices.

We've been successful in deploying our Gambit based applications on a wide range of devices without any issues, which is really a great testimony to the portability and usefulness of Gambit.

Chris