[gambit-list] compiling libgambit.a for android

Álvaro Castro-Castilla alvaro.castro.castilla at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 16:41:13 EDT 2013

Hi,

Unfortunately these games are not opensource. They aren't very high quality
games anyway. So I plan to fix this, by making small games and tutorials. I
plan to make all these tutorials and guides available, make links and
everything that is lacking at the moment.

I'd like to include a module system, but that's a complex task that I can't
handle at the moment myself. I can make one work with Spheres :)

At the moment, this is focused on NDK-level development, for instance using
SDL. This makes it possible to program with OpenGL, and using JNI you can
get some of the functionality only available to the Java SDK interface
reasonably easy. However, I don't see this method a practical solution for
native Android GUI apps.

Anyway, is better to start by something simple: NDK and OpenGL. When this
works well, then try with some techniques for fully supporting the SDK
interface at Java level. That would be lovely.

One solution could be SL4A, other might be mixing Gambit with Kawa, or a
Gambit Java backend.

        Álvaro Castro-Castilla    --    a at fourthbit.com
          Dedicated to the Craft of Software: Turning Ideas into Reality

 <http://fourthbit.com>