[gambit-list] compiling libgambit.a for android

Álvaro Castro-Castilla alvaro.castro.castilla at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 07:28:11 EDT 2013

Hi Daniel,

I'm glad you found the http://schemespheres.org project interesting. It's
been used by four student teams to build little Android games with Gambit,
and even though I couldn't work on it for the last 3 months, I plan to keep
working on it. My intention is to make it easy to build real multiplatform
applications by providing a compilation of selected modules (some I built,
some are compatibly licensed by the community MIT, BSD or similar).

As soon as a simple and flexible module system is built for Gambit, it will
be built using it (unfortunately Blackhole didn't make it easy to handle C
files and cross-compilation, which has been long discussed here). At the
moment, it uses a set of scripts for managing compilation and macro
expansions is just a two-step process involving syntax-rules (through
Alexpander) and then define-macro as natively supported by Gambit.

Many things to improve, and happy to bring collaborators in.

Cheers!

        Álvaro Castro-Castilla    --    a at fourthbit.com
          Dedicated to the Craft of Software: Turning Ideas into Reality

 <http://fourthbit.com>