[gambit-list] How do I create a pipeline of processes, as in shell?

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Jan 29 08:50:40 EST 2013

On 2013-01-28, at 4:57 PM, Richard Prescott <rdprescott at gmail.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Why not using the "pipe" system call ?

You would need to combine this with fork and write quite a bit of C code.  Also, the pipe and fork system calls are limited to POSIX systems (you would have to adapt the code substantially for the Windows version).

I think Jussi is interested in a pure Gambit Scheme solution using threads, primarily to explore how this can be done with Gambit.  It has the advantage of being portable to all the platforms Gambit runs on.