[gambit-list] Request: examples of cool uses of macros

Jason Felice jason.m.felice at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 09:47:22 EST 2013

Hi!

Does anyone have any examples of macros which drastically improve
readability or simplicity of code?  Maybe neat hacks?

Not *deep* hacks that take a long time to understand, but things which can
be used to illustrate why macros are powerful and awesome.

Background:

I'm giving a talk tomorrow on Scheme to prisoners in a job training
program. The purpose is to expand their brains by exposing them to concepts
they haven't seen before (they don't have Internet access).

The talk is about Scheme and "Code is Data".  I've laid the foundation, but
am getting to the point where I want to have some flashy and interesting
uses of macros.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Jason