[gambit-list] Fwd: Build tool, directory structure

Jason Felice jason.m.felice at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 15:57:31 EST 2013

Forgot to include the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jason Felice <jason.m.felice at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Subject: Re: [gambit-list] Build tool, directory structure
To: Marc Feeley <feeley at iro.umontreal.ca>

Here's a historic one which I know would often run tests with stale code.

https://github.com/maitria/gambit-objc/blob/273de0a8e66ce9c0ef40afc0bbdf0b3a0399a6d5/Makefile

I would occasionally have to clean everything to get it to rebuild the code
under test.  I never figured out why.  I had another pretty similar setup
that ended up working the same way which I can't find right now.

One thing to note is that when I build the sources separately, I avoid
compiling to object files because I can't predict the name in the Makefile.

-Jason