[gambit-list] Build tool, directory structure

Jason Felice jason.m.felice at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 11:03:26 EST 2013

I've been thinking about modularity problems (aside from actual module
systems).  One of the problems I have is that invoking gsc from a Makefile
is pretty rough because of dependencies.  I almost always end up with files
not recompiling.

I'm thinking of a simple build tool which takes a directory structure like
so:

bin/
lib/
test/

And just does the right thing.  All the lib files compiled independently,
with dependencies calculated, files which have a hash mark in them are
skipped.  The resulting files are linked against each program in bin/ and
test/, and test programs are run.

Just this much functionality would be a huge improvement for my workflow.

Deisgn thoughts?
-Jason