[gambit-list] Transforming top-level program code

Jason Felice jason.m.felice at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 10:58:11 EST 2013

I've had a couple ideas for modifications to the Scheme reader that I
imagine would be front-ends to the compiler.  Examples:

1. A front end which reads Scheme source but specially handles square
braces, transforming them into Objective-C method calls via my library, so
that I can put the following in a program:

   (let ((s [[NSString alloc] initWithCapacity:42]))
      ...)

And have it dispatch non-dynamically (my current project is completely
dynamic).

2. A testing library where "check" forms appear under each function in the
same file as documentation.  The check forms normally expand to nothing,
but a command can be run from the command line scans the current directory
and sub-directories for .scm files which (check ...) forms in them and runs
them.

3. A complete environment with support for a lot of SRFI's and utility
functions built in - a new REPL/compiler which is specialized for some
domain.

Black hole appears to do something like this.

My question is, how do I hook into Gambit to compile or interpret after
I've transformed the code, preserving line numbers?