[gambit-list] syntactic question

Fuchs Ira ihf at bit.net
Thu Dec 5 08:59:23 EST 2013

I am hoping to re-familiarize myself with Scheme and I've begun by doing some reading and downloading a copy of Gambit Scheme. When Gambit starts up it displays an example of Scheme code which includes the following line:

> \ for (int i=1;i<=3; i++) pp(i);

The semantics is clear but I don't recognize this as Scheme syntax and I couldn't find a reference to anything resembling this in the Scheme reference manual. Could some kind person tell me what this is and where it is described?