[gambit-list] OT on GCC

Mikael mikael.rcv at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 06:10:41 EDT 2013

2013/8/7 Mikael <mikael.rcv at gmail.com>

> Ah, brief summary on the content:
>
> Miod, the maintainer, highlights how these quality problems originate in
> GCC's update strategy, within which they don't provide any Long Term
> Support releases, and their latest releases where they fix old bugs, always
> introduce new bugs.
>
> And, he kind of upens up for switching OBSD over to some other C compiler,
> and leaves open which that would be,
>

> if there is even one

[that would be satisfactory to OBSD with regard to supporting all of its
target platforms.]

.

Obviously Gambit doesn't have this problem as its only C-compiler-specific
thing is its use of compiler-specific constructs to get the absolutely best
code generation.

Anyhow just wanted to shed light on that GCC quality is a conversation that
is going on also beyond this ML, for perspective;

To my awareness, for Gambit there's always some GCC versions that really
deliver.