[gambit-list] Importing srfis?

Mikael mikael.rcv at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 20:29:51 EDT 2013

The absence of compile-file-to-target in your Gambit should mean that
you're on a Gambit version older than ~8 months. To fix that please get a
newer Gambit.

Your GCC is version 4.2.1. That's a memory hogging GCC version. The 4.4,
4.6 and 4.7 series don't hog.

Also, without replacing your GCC but accepting ~20% slower Gambit code
execution, recompile your Gambit with:

./configure ; make; make install

Note the absence of --enable-single-host on the ./configure clal.

This will make your Gambit compile string/digest.scm alright, as far as I
remember. Anyhow getting a 4.4+ GCC might be a nicer idea.

Mikael