[gambit-list] Gambit-C cross-platform framework

tcl super dude tcleval at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 21:09:30 EDT 2013

I successfully compiled and tested usquish on linux and android. The only
minimal problem I had was I didn't know I needed a 32 bit compiler. So on
my linux box (archlinux 64bits) I installed multilib-dev for 32 bit
support. Also I changed the PROFILE file to point to where I installed
android-sdk and android-ndk.

Are there any more documentation or examples floating around besides
https://github.com/part-cw/lambdanative ?

I am able to understand by now 90% of usquish code. That is nice,
considering that there was no documentation on the app, and I am kind of a
new guy on scheme. It means the framework must be really easy to code/read.
I really liked the way the modules are written. Very very clean code. I
didn't notice gambit compiler annotations (for optimization). I can't tell
if they are necessary, as usquish runs pretty fast on my cheap LG android
phone.

Android supports arm, mips and x86. Please correct me if I am wrong, but
lambdanative only supports arm. If that is true, maybe I could give my two
cents:

https://github.com/dmalves/compile-gambit-for-android

this small script can build libgambit.a without any errors for arm, mips
and x86. I tested with a small hello world app that I ll soon post to
github.

To port that for lambdanative there could be 3 directories
on lambdanative-cache/android/lib/
for example:

 lambdanative-cache/android/lib/arm/
 lambdanative-cache/android/lib/mips/
 lambdanative-cache/android/lib/x86/

with each libgambit.a for each architecture on its own directory. Of
course, there is need to change Android.mk so it finds the approprieate
file for each archicteture. I guess gambit library is not the only library
or module that needs refactoring to make this work, but I am still
investigating that.

Anyway, I am happy to know about lambdanative.