[gambit-list] What's the performance issues about make-parameter about?

Mikael mikael.rcv at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 23:47:26 EDT 2013

Dear Marc,

What's the performance issues about make-parameter that you pointed out
recently about?

Ah btw on the same note, roughly how much more work is needed for capturing
the continuation with |continuation-graft| or |call/cc|, than for
allocating a closure?

Just to get an idea of how expensive continuations are.

I made a trivial call/cc test on my laptop and got something like 4 million
call/cc:s per second, so clearly for trivial usecases the performance is
extremely good. Would be happy to understand more how it plays out in
complex code/execution environments, I mean, are we talking rather a
million or a thousand per second?

And.. invoking a continuation is roughly as cheap as invoking a closure
right (maybe plus some phasing in and out stack content)?

Thanks,
Mikael