[gambit-list] Unbound Variables in Remote REPL

Axis Sivitz aosivitz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 12:41:36 EDT 2013

I'm having trouble using the repl-server.scm that is included in the iOS example. I've embedded it into my iOS program, and I can connect to it and evaluate expressions once it is running in the simulator. However, none of my program definitions are available.

Is there anything special I need to do to get the repl thread to run on the same namespace as the rest of my program?

I think it's possible that my problem is related to how I compile my .scm files. I just (include ...) each of them into a main init.scm file, and then "gsc -link init.scm". Perhaps this might strip out the definitions from the scheme interpreter thread.

In Marc's iOS example, each file is split up into, for example, repl-server.scm and repl-server#.scm, but I'm not sure what gsc command to use to compile them all without ending up with duplicate symbols (especially since many of them (include ...) the same files, like (##include "~~lib/gambit#.scm") ).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!