[gambit-list] gcc.exe: error: _io.c: No such file or directory [Latest MinGW on Win7 x64]

Mikael mikael.rcv at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 09:59:37 EDT 2013

Hi,

The clean solution to this issue seems to be documented at
http://line-endings.gitrecipes.de/ .

For a quick fix, this would be the way on the Windows machine:

To use:

git config core.autocrlf off
git config --global core.autocrlf off

And here's how to apply it, from #git:

_ikke_: You do that after clone. A git reset --hard might be needed to fix
the line endings again
ojacobson: you'll need to do it in each clone, after cloning; every
git-checkout *after* that will use the new setting

So it should look like this:

git clone [Gambit's repo URL]
cd [cloned gambit repo dir]
git config core.autocrlf off
git reset --hard

(or as an alternative to the last line, "git checkout -- ." or "git
checkout [branch name]" should deliver too apparently.)

Brgds

[...]