[gambit-list] gcc.exe: error: _io.c: No such file or directory [Latest MinGW on Win7 x64]

Ralph Moritz ralph.moeritz at outlook.com
Tue Apr 16 16:16:02 EDT 2013

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 21:20:21 +0200, Marc Feeley <feeley at iro.umontreal.ca>
wrote:

>>> I don't know what is the problem you are experiencing. All I can say
>>> is that the following sequence works fine for me on Windows with
>>> MinGW:
>>> git clone http://github.com/feeley/gambit.git
>>> cd gambit
>>> ./configure
>>> make bootstrap
>>
>> It works fine up to that point for me too. After `make bootstrap'
>> README.md says to run `make bootclean' followed by `make'; it's that
>> last `make' invocation that throws the error quoted in the subject line.
>>

> Thanks.  I have now reproduced the problem.  There was problem with the
> main makefile when using MinGW.  This is now fixed (after a few
> attempts... sigh!).

Thank you very much, `make' now completes without error. I'm not sure if
it's anything to worry about, but `make check' wrote the following to
stderr at the end of its run:

     make[1]: *** [test1] Error 1
     make: *** [check] Error 2

Is this something to be concerned about?

Thanks again for all your help & for responding so quickly. I'm afraid the
only service I can offer in return is translating the manual or wiki pages
to German. Let me know if this something you'd be interested in.

Cheers,
Ralph