[gambit-list] How to build with Visual C++ 11 (2012)

Ralph Moritz ralph.moeritz at outlook.com
Sat Apr 13 10:22:22 EDT 2013

On Sat, 13 Apr 2013 13:00:38 +0200, Marc Feeley <feeley at iro.umontreal.ca>
wrote:

>>> The problem is that you are in the wrong directory!  You should be in
>>> the Gambit root directory and type:
>>>
>>>   misc\vc2008.bat
>>
>> I tried this but still get the link errors posted in my last message

> One part of the link errors (the unresolved external symbols
> _____20___assert, etc) are due to files that were added to the gsc
> directory which need to be compiled and linked, but which were not added
> to the list of files in misc/vc2008.bat .  I have corrected that.  For
> your convenience the corrected file is attached.

Thanks Mark, that did it! Using the attached batch file I was able to
build the Gambit-C 4.6.7 sources using VC11 with no errors. Last question,
now that the Gambit binaries have been built, how do I go about installing
them, preferably without having to use MinGW, since I don't usually have
both installed?

Many thanks,
Ralph