[gambit-list] malloc/free vs ___EXT(___alloc_rc)/___release_rc

Mikael mikael.rcv at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 06:41:02 EDT 2013

I'd guess the diffference may be:

 * malloc_rc keep a refcount?

 * malloc_rc performs the allocation within Gambits memory system? (well,
for blocks above 512 bytes, Gambit's memory system makes a separate malloc
anyhow, so for your usecase it could be equal in this respect)

You should find the answer by checking the source? Look for the calls
called something like inc_rc and dec_rc too.