[gambit-list] current-directory // problem on Windows 7

sales.creditscore at creditscore.co.nz sales.creditscore at creditscore.co.nz
Wed Apr 3 01:33:13 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm a newbie to both Scheme and Gambit which I'm using on Windows 7. I've managed to download and compile Gambit 4.6.7's source code using MinGW and MSys. Now I'm playing with it a little. I've just successfully compiled the web-server example, but when I run it the phrase

        (<li> (<a> href: (object->string (current-directory))
                   "Browse the web server's filesystem"))

in web-server.scm produces:

file:///c://MinGW//msys//1.0//local//Gambit-C//web-server/

which causes an error in the browser.

Anybody know why the double forward slashes are appearing in the directory path.  Is the extra / an escape character?

Cheers,

Rob.