[gambit-list] Gambit and ØMQ

Alex Queiroz asandroq at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 03:28:09 EDT 2012

Hallo,

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 5:19 AM, Joshua Griffith
<josh.griffith at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would it be feasible to run gambit within its own thread and use ØMQ's inproc sockets to synchronously send and receive messages from other threads? I know gambit is not multithreaded, but could ØMQ be used to safely communicate with one gambit thread in a multithreaded application?

May not be your use case at all, but anyway: Gambit-C has very
efficient user threads. If you could run more than one Gambit-C
process and make them talk to each other (using ØMQ, for instance),
you would be able to run *lots* of Gambit-C threads.

--
-alex
http://www.artisancoder.com/