[gambit-list] (Good til ~Feb or so:) Complete guide to how to set up Black Hole non-syntactictower version, the "std bundled libs" directory, and the Sack web server and client middleware , inclusive of all .tar.gz files required (copy kept on Dumping Grounds as long as relevant).

Matthew Phillips matthew at phillipsoft.biz
Wed Nov 28 18:13:13 EST 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Mikael <mikael.rcv at gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks a lot for putting this together, it is a tremendous value. Couple of
notes:

1) You have your ln -s command backwards (I do this all the time ;)) Should
be ln -s /path/to/real-thing /path/to/new-link

2) This step doesn't work for me:  (modules-compile! (modules-in-dir
"~~/lib/modules")))

I get the error :

> (modules-compile! (modules-in-dir "~~/lib/modules"))
*** ERROR IN |module#define-syntax\|\|\|macro\|\|\|| -- Invalid
define-syntax form (wrong number of arguments)
(define-syntax (lambda (source env mac-env) (let ((code (expr*:value
source)...
hygiene/1>

I'm guessing there is a third argument (out filename?)??

3) Should be noted for others, you can't compile from the command like
this: bsc -exe myfile.scm like you normally would.  Instead from the repl:
(module-compile-to-standalone "a.out" 'somefile)  use that in a script or
makefile.

Cheers!