[gambit-list] Gambit on Android

Álvaro Castro-Castilla alvaro.castro.castilla at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 13:29:31 EDT 2012

Hi Steve,

You have 2 ways:
a) Java JNI -> C -> Scheme
b) Using Android Native Activity and the NDK for developing in C.

I've been tweaking and extending Blackhole to play nicely with
Android, but I found a major limitation in Blackhole that prevented
from totally achieving it without getting into the macro-expansion
part of BH (don't have time for that) and so I decided to use plain
Gambit.
This is an example using option "a"
https://github.com/seoushi/gambit-android-example
I've made it work with option "b", is quite simple, but at the moment
I'm messing around with that code so is not working:
https://github.com/alvatarc/bh-android-template

Soon (1-2 weeks, as soon as I have some spare hours) I'll have the
same code working again Scheme. It is quite straightforward though,
once you have that example.