[gambit-list] ___setup memory corruption(?) on iPhone

mikel evins mevins at me.com
Wed Jun 6 20:48:35 EDT 2012

On Jun 6, 2012, at 7:41 PM, Kirill Zorin wrote:

> Is there any particular reason for using 4.6.1 (versus some other minor revision)? Was 4.6.1 found to be the latest iOS-stable version (by git-bisect or similar)?

The reason is very simple: we had 4.6.1 archived and we already knew that it worked.

We had been using 4.6.1 for several months. We delayed upgrading to newer releases of Gambit simply to avoid destabilizing our toolchain. With the release of 4.6.6 I decided it was time to attempt the upgrade. We don't want to fall too far behind the current release.

However, we encountered a problem similar to the one you did, and so we chose to roll back to the toolchain we had previously been using, since we knew that it worked.

It still works. We'll try an upgrade again in the near future, and if we fail again, we'll roll back again.