[gambit-list] define-type

Taylor Venable taylor at metasyntax.net
Sat Jan 28 11:38:41 EST 2012

2012/1/27 Álvaro Castro-Castilla <alvaro.castro.castilla at gmail.com>:
> Does anyone know what are these define-type parameters?
>
> It would be very nice to document it in the gambit wiki page:

I updated that page a bit with some more in-depth descriptions and
examples. I actually started looking around for this documentation
myself recently as part of a little learning project to implement some
of the White Book (Introduction to Algorithms) in Gambit, e.g. using
type hierarchies to implement different types of tree data structures.
define-type is really a very nice feature, and seems to be used fairly
often in Gambit's source too. For example, the ports hierarchy [1] is
implemented in this way. Unfortunately, I don't know what all of the
attributes mean yet.

[1] http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/doc/gambit-c.html#Port-classes

--
Taylor C. Venable