[gambit-list] Back to trying to figure out blackhole

Adrien Piérard pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Jan 20 23:18:22 EST 2012

Hi,

> In
> http://dynamo.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/wiki/index.php/Black_Hole
> it says
> Make sure you put the blackhole-libs into a directory called "std" in ~~/
> lib/modules
> I find this sentence unclear.
> Not being a regular Gambit user yet,  I don't know where ~~ is.

Gambit automatically expands "~~lib" to the libdir where it was
installed, so you should
It's a mechanism for improved portability.
On my computer (and probably most of those running FreeBSD), it
expands to "/usr/local/lib/gambit-c/"
For example:
> (path-expand "~~lib")
> => "/usr/local/lib/gambit-c/"

I, however, believe that the slash between "~~" and "lib" on the
blackhole page you linked is a mistake (either a documentation
mistake, or a design mistake, for I reckon it should be
"~~lib/modules"

Cheers,

P!

--