[gambit-list] slime (swank) and gambit

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Jan 19 15:42:36 EST 2012

Hello Attila.  I was wondering how your swank for Gambit project was coming along.

I remember that you were interested in running Scheme on an embedded device.  Have you considered the picobit compiler and VM I wrote?  I have used it quite successfully for real-time control of a custom robot (picture below) which has a PIC microcontroller and a few KB of RAM.

Finally, talking about embedded devices, I've recently come across a cheap ($40) and super compact wifi module which contains 2 embedded ARM processors and a few hundred kilobytes of RAM.  It sounds like the perfect embedded platform for wireless sensors, tiny robots, etc (here's a link: http://www.semiconductorstore.com/cart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=47055).  I'm thinking of installing picobit on one.