[gambit-list] Getting parts of time

Adrien Piérard pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Jan 1 10:06:01 EST 2012

2012/1/1 Vijay Mathew <mathew.vijay at gmail.com>:
> How can I get the various parts of a time object? I mean something like:
>    > (time-hour (current-time))
>    5
>    > (time-year (current-time))
>    2012

According to the documentation,

> The procedure time->seconds converts the time object time into an inexact real number representing the number of seconds elapsed since the “epoch” (which is 00:00:00 Coordinated Universal Time 01-01-1970).

I guess that you'll have to implement the functions, and put them on
the dumping grounds…
Another approach which may be quicker to write (if you don't want to
do the computations yourself) but is not portable nor precise is to
call `date > somefile` with shell-command and then to read somefile…

Cheers,

P!

--
Français, English, 日本語, 한국어