[gambit-list] Debugging errors using gsc and gcc

Patrick Li patrickli.2001 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 13:36:46 EST 2012

Hello everyone,

I am just getting started using gsc to compile files, and I'm wondering how
to go about debugging some error messages I'm seeing.

This is what I am doing:

== inside misha-sdl.scm ==
(println "hello world")

== inside terminal ==
gsc -link misha-sdl
gcc misha-sdl.c misha-sdl_.c -I/Library/Gambit-C/v4.6.2/include
-L/Library/Gambit-C/v4.6.2/lib -lgambc

== error message ==
ld: warning: ignoring file /Library/Gambit-C/v4.6.2/lib/libgambc.a, file
was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
  "____gstate", referenced from:
      ____H__20_misha_2d_sdl in cci2oaPA.o
  "____G_println", referenced from:
      ____H__20_misha_2d_sdl in cci2oaPA.o
  "_____20___gambc", referenced from:
      ____linker_tbl in ccR9LONi.o
  "____main_char", referenced from:
      _main in ccR9LONi.o

The notice about skipping libgambc.a is especially worrying.

However, using the command:
gsc -o hello -exe misha-sdl.scm
works perfectly. Is there any way to query to see what flags gsc is passing
to gcc?

Thanks very much
  -Patrick