[gambit-list] Problem with FFI & Memory Corruption

Taylor Venable taylor at metasyntax.net
Mon Feb 13 23:37:18 EST 2012

2012/2/12 Álvaro Castro-Castilla <alvaro.castro.castilla at gmail.com>:
> Do you plan on making full bindings for libxml2? I'd be interested in
> packaging it as a Blackhole module when you are ready.

Right now I'm focusing on simple parsing, printing, and walking the
tree. But I think that going into the other areas (e.g. xpath) and
expanding the interface are very worthy goals. Having a fast, solid
XML library for Gambit is a good thing, even if it's based in C.

Another thing that would be nice to have is pure Scheme versions of
the libxml2 code, so that if you wanted not to deal with compiling
libxml2 you can just use only Scheme code. Sort of a pluggable backend
for the heavy lifting.

I haven't looked much at Black Hole but having support for it would
probably be good.

Thanks for your interest.

--
Taylor C. Venable