[gambit-list] Make precise calculations query

Mikael mikael.rcv at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 04:45:11 EST 2012

Dear Marc or Brad, I'd be curious to know if there is any way to ensure
that calculations in Gambit become completely exact?

What I'm looking for is that as flonum operations by nature are inexact (+
0.1 0.2 would be a good example), would there be a way to use bignum-only
operations, or have some kind of configuration that uses fixnum when
applicable and otherwise bignum only.

Is there anything like this - I know fixnum and flonum ops can be accessed
under fixnum+ etc., but what about the bignums, (bignum+
99999999999999999999 2)?

Afaik the bignum library is completely exact for + and -, and has a
precision of at least 10^-17 for the rest of the operations (* / modulo
sqrt expt etc), is this the way?

Kind regards, Mikael