[gambit-list] static lib question

REPLeffect repleffect at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 10:45:46 EST 2012

Let's say I have the following set of files ...

  f1a.scm and f1b.c

  f2a.scm and f2b.c

  f3.scm

  File f1a.scm contains scheme procedures that call C functions in f1b.c.

  File f2a.scm contains scheme procedures that call C funcitons in f2b.c.

  I would like to build a static library f1.a from f1a.scm and f1b.c,

and likewise I wish to build a static library f2.a from f2a.scm and f2b.c.

Finally, assume f3.scm will call scheme procedures from both the f1.a and
f2.a static libraries.

What are the appropriate commands for:

1) building the f1.a and f2.a static libraries

2) compiling and linking f3.scm with *both* of those static libraries
at the same time.

(I'm looking for an example using gcc on a Linux platform.)