[gambit-list] In Scheme, what's the benefits and disadvantages with using a Scheme or FFI library for a given purpose?

Cyrille Duret cduret at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 03:37:57 EDT 2012

you're right mikael, most of the time is better to use the scheme library
if good implementation are available (wich is the case with ssax-sxml).

In my case I implemented my own module/compilation mechanism. I was not
brave enough to reshape the ssax-sxml source code to my needs. It was far
less difficult for me to "plug" the libxml library to my framework.

Maybe the debate would be if it is relevant to develop a 100% scheme
project as in my opinion the low-level code is hard to maintain in a
dynamic non-typed language.

cyrille